The Assistant Coach will assist with all aspects of NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Program, including student recruitment and development, on court coaching, contest scheduling, compliance with NCAA, Conference and University of Hawaii rules and regulations, student-athlete academic achievement, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university;
- One (1) year experience coaching basketball at the college or university level;
- Knowledge of basketball as competed at the collegiate level.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays and travel
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.