Responsible to assist with the management of a competitive NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball program; assists with conditioning, practices, recruiting and academic monitoring.
- Arranges and conducts recruiting functions including off- and on-campus visits, evaluations and contacts of prospective student-athletes.
- Performs administrative tasks such as academic monitoring, travel arrangements, scouting and film breakdown of opponents.
- Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to act with honesty and sportsmanship at all times so that intercollegiate athletics as a whole, the university and they as individuals, represent the honor and dignity of fair play and the generally recognized high standards associated with wholesome competitive sports.
- Solid knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material and maintain strict confidence.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures and have knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the swimming and diving program.
- Ability to successfully recruit and retain student athletes.
- Skilled in exemplary customer service, including dealing effectively with the students, faculty, staff, and general public both in person and over the telephone.