Assure that athletic activities are conducted in accordance with the College and United States Collegiate Athletic Association policies. Incorporates the philosophy of the Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College curriculum into the philosophy and practice of the particular sport. This is a part-time position during the sports season requiring weekend, evening and summer work.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as Assistant Coach for Basketball.
- Assists the head coach in scheduling and providing transportation.
- Assists in preparing events and practices.
- Attends all practices and games.
- Carries out scouting assignments as outlined by the Head Coach.
- Provide student-athletes the necessary time and resources to succeed academically.
- Promotes the sport on and off campus.
- Associate degree.
- 2+ years Previous coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Recruiting experience preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and examine new theories pertinent to the field.
- Ability to work in a team setting and work effectively with a variety of audiences and departments.
- Understanding of student development.
- Ability to balance student needs and take on an institutional perspective.