The Assistant Coach position will serve as the Recruiting Coordinator. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the recruiting activities for the program. Establish sound relationships with High School, AAU or Junior College Coaches. The Assistant Coach involved in all aspects of the programs on floor of player development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide coaching in both a team and individual setting to improve sport specific skills.
- Participate in the creation of practice plans, assist in game preparation, advise on game strategy, and provide direct coaching and assistance during games.
- Coordinates Recruiting efforts for the program and recruits quality student-athletes (off-campus evaluations and contacts, on-campus visits, phone calls, written communication correspondence, etc.) and coordination of recruiting networks are an ongoing activity requiring travel throughout the United States during the entire year.
- Use discretion and personal judgment in the assessment of talent and the recommendation for scholarship assistance to the Head Coach.
- Responsible for handling game and practice coaching assignments throughout the year, as well as, supervising in season and out-of-season basketball skill development programs for the team.
- Bachelor's degree; master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and develop world wide recruiting master plan.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, fellow employees, program boosters, and the public.