Under the direction of the Head Women's Basketball Coach, the Assistant Women's Basketball Coach will aid in all aspects of recruitment, training, and athletic competition of the Women's Basketball Team. This position will also operate under the America East Conference & NCAA bylaws.
- Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of prospective student-athletes for the Women's intercollegiate basketball program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Assists in monitoring of student athletics academic progress.
- Assist with game scouting of opponents & preparation of game plan for all opponents.
- Provides guidance and assistance to student-athletes on a range of personal issues, as required.
- Teaches an activities class in the Physical Education program.
- Leads, monitors and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related Administrative, Business, Liberal Arts, or Social Sciences discipline required.
- Three to five years' experience in coaching Women's Basketball on the High School or collegiate level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students required.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sport and its playing rule.
- Must possess the ability to foster a cooperative environment.
- Must be able to organize and coordinate.
As an EEO employer NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.