The University of Southern Indiana seeks applications for Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach. This 12-month position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the Women’s Basketball intercollegiate sports program.
- Coach practice sessions and workouts.
- Assist with coaching responsibilities during athletic events.
- Attend coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings
- Scout for and recruit quality student-athletes
- Assist in the implementation of the academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athlete progress to ensure academic eligibility, the enforcement of study and tutorial programs, and the referral to appropriate University academic resource personnel.
- Work with student-athletes and monitors adherence to rules and regulations for conduct, appearance, and behavior.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Related playing, coaching, and athletics administration experience preferred.
- Familiarity with OVC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Proficiency with computer systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database, electronic mail, and Internet software.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, management and administrative skills.
- Positive communication, marketing and public relation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with student-athletes, faculty, alumni, and administrative staff.