The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Basketball coach in creating and maintaining a successful program for the institution on the field, in the classroom and in the community.
- Teaches skills required for both team and individual player development at the direction of and in coordination with the Head Coach.
- Assists with on-field coaching.
- Provides Instruction and supervision of strength and fitness conditioning of individuals and team.
- Maintains regular office hours in and out of season.
- Serves as a manager in the Cochran Wellness Center for hours to be specified by Director of Athletics.
- Identifies as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)
- Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach and/or the Director of Athletics.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a Bachelor degree in a course of study related to the occupational field; OR,
- Experience as a player or coach at the collegiate or professional level as a substitute for education requirements.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years’ experience or service.