The Assistant Coach assists in the planning, organizing, and coaching of the Gannon University Women’s Basketball team, ensuring adherence to Pennsylvania State Athletic Association (PSAC) and NCAA rules, regulations, and the University’s Mission and assisting in the development of leadership and citizenship in the student-athletes.
- Assists in on-court instruction, coaching in basketball techniques and strategy of the basketball team; evaluates the individual performance of players and provides leadership and instruction in areas of deficiency as required.
- Coordinates, screens, and evaluates athletic qualifications of prospective recruits; coordinates visits; recommends individuals for scholarships.
- Promotes a positive student-athlete experience.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponent teams; assists in designing game plans and strategies.
- Compiles and assists in the analysis of game statistics.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of two years of collegiate coaching experience or four years of collegiate playing experience.
- A history of successful recruiting to a highly selective institution is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of NCAA rules as well as an understanding of the philosophy behind them.