ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary duty is teaching, coaching, and mentoring student-athletes under Head Coach direction.
- Assist the Head Coach in the recruiting process as directed.
- Coaching responsibilities in practice and match situations as determined by the Head Coach.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Must adhere to all NCAA/CCC/Salve Regina University rules and regulations.
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged with being knowledgeable of, and assuring and monitoring compliance by all student- athletes, staff and assistant coaches with applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies, interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and the Commonwealth Coast Conference.
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelor's degree.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Coaching or playing experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Required Training/Cert: Required to pass NCAA recruiting exam within 90 days of employment. Must maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use or must obtain certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use within one year of employment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to work with traditional-aged college student population.
- Candidate must be committed to a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities and good citizenship both on and off the field.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.