The Assistant Coach is primarily responsible for completing tasks supporting the specific ICC inter-collegiate sports program as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Provide assistance with recruiting efforts for the specific sports team and program.
- Represent the sports program and college to prospective athletes from high schools, colleges and appropriate athletic associations.
- Help establish and maintain a relationship with area media to promote Cougar athletics.
- Support and coordinate any fundraising activities related to the sport being coached.
- Assure program compliance with NJCAA by-laws.
- Aid in the scheduling of competitive games, meets and matches, as well as assisting with arranging transportation and room reservations for athletic travel, as requested or needed.
- Assist with coordinating tournaments.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 1 year of experience coaching high school, collegiate, or club.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Knowledge of teaching and coaching methods and/or principles.
- Knowledge of NJCAA/NCAA eligibility guidelines.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.