Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is accepting applications for the part-time position of Head Women's Basketball Coach. The successful candidate is responsible for leading all aspects of the program including recruiting, scouting, coaching and counseling.
- Assist in supervising all activities related to the student athletes
- Provide academic, personal, and professional mentoring to student-athletes.
- Comply with all NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist with coordinating program's recruiting efforts by identifying and evaluating prospects, making initial contact with potential recruits, and selling the school and program to recruits that meet admission guidelines to achieve roster goals and build a competitive team.
- Maintain records of all recruiting contacts and keep head coach informed of recruiting efforts.
- Make regular contact with signees and assist with needs for enrollment into school such as transcripts and class scheduling.
- Establish the team's competition and practice schedules which includes but not limited to coordinating, locating, and scheduling of opponents, make travel arrangements for away games. Scheduling and assistance for opponents' practices in gymnasium and possible travel.
- Communicate with players' teachers and with student services regarding class, absences and academic progress.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- 2-3 years experience in a position coaching high school or intercollegiate athletics.