Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful NCAA Division III Intercollegiate Basketball Program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), rules, regulations, and policies.
- Assist head coach in daily practice plans and game plans with the ability to organize and implement plans, strategies, and skill development;
- Prepare film breakdown for games or practices and have the ability to present to the team or head coach;
- Assist with any day to day on court operations with the program and have excellent communication skills with Head Coach;
- Work with the Head Coach in putting together the practice schedule for the season taking in mind the academic schedule of the student-athletes.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- One to two years of Basketball coaching experience at the club, high school or college level.
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching Basketball with ability to recruit talented players for the program.
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to Basketball.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to travel.