The Assistant Coach will provide support to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach in all aspects of coaching, player development, academic success, recruiting, film study, meetings, scouting opponents.
- Administer the basketball program in accordance with Savannah State University, University System of Georgia (USG), National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), Southern Intercollegiate Athletics Conference (SIAC) requirements.
- Plan and supervise all team and fundamental basketball camp programs
- Assisting in the planning and organizing of team travel.
- Assist with player development and game/scouting strategy.
- Assist in coordinating with academic services to promote and monitor the academic development, progress and graduation of student-athletes.
- Recruits potential student athletes for the Women’s Basketball Program in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Supervise and assist athletes on the Women’s Basketball team during athletic related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma with seven (7) years of college or high school basketball coaching experience.
- Basketball playing or coaching experience at the secondary, post-secondary, or collegiate coaching experience.
- Successful candidate is required to pass the coach’s recruiting examination.
- Required to pass CPR/First Aid/AED Certification within six (6) months of hire.