Colby is a member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) and has 28 intercollegiate sports that compete at the Division III level, and four programs (men’s and women’s Alpine and Nordic Skiing) that compete at the Division I level.
- On-site coaching in games and practices, including organization and implementation of daily practices.
- Prepare film breakdown and analysis, and present analysis to team members.
- Plan and prepare for games.
- Contribute to strength and conditioning program, including one-on-one strength and conditioning work with student athletes.
- Provide support and encouragement to student athletes, including academic counseling and advising.
- Monitor academic progress of athletes.
- Research academic and athletic credentials.
- Build relationships with prospective student athletes and their families through email, phone and one-on-one meetings.
- Recruit and retain talented athletes successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Previous experience coaching and or/competing at the collegiate level is highly desirable.
- Committed to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering.
- Must be organized, take initiative, and utilize strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and must meet the College’s Fleet Safety Policy requirements.
- Ability to travel for team practices, competition, and scouting in and out of state.