Responsible for assisting head coach with recruiting and teaching a team of student-athletes the skills of their sport, teambuilding skills and mentoring the athletes in academic and personal character development and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the head coach.
- Work with student-athletes in teaching skills of basketball.
- Assesses competitor performance.
- Helps to formulate workout sessions and game plans.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts which involves evaluating current and potential talent at high schools and junior colleges.
- Operates within the rules as required by the conference and the NCAA.
- Assists with the scheduling of opponents.
- Arranges for equipment, uniforms and supplies to be available for team.
- Plan and execute team travel with authority to commit expenditures up to departmental budget, subject to University purchasing guidelines.
- Organize official and unofficial visits.
- Able to generate enthusiasm and pride amongst players.
- Ability to provide clear direction, delegate responsibility, motivate others, develop others’ skills and talents and attract and recruit talent.
- Shows consideration for others, listens effectively, cooperates well with others, establishes and maintains relationships, is adaptive, remains calm under stress and is persevering.
- Demonstrates good judgment, seeks all necessary information for problem solving, and sets clear objectives and priorities.
- Is self-reliant, decisive, proactive, influential, and enthusiastic and makes a positive impression on others.