The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach at Upper Iowa University reports directly to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and is responsible for assisting in the planning, directing, and evaluating all aspects and facets of a successful Women’s Basketball program on the NCAA Division II level. Duties include, but not limited to: recruitment of highly skilled and academically qualified student-athletes, monitor academic progress and eligibility and effectively analyze and teach the fundamental skills and strategies of the sport.
- Directly assist Head Coach directing and supervising the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the women’s basketball program, the intercollegiate athletic department, and University.
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and role model to the student-athletes of the women’s basketball program.
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit highly skilled and academically qualified student-athletes.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status of team members and implementing action plans and counseling as necessary.
- Effectively analyze and teach the fundamental skills and strategies of women’s basketball.
- Plan, organize, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate game plans, strategies, and in-game adjustments.
- Assist in court maintenance.
- Assist head coach with preparation and scheduling of the team competitive game schedule.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two (2) years experience with organized women’s basketball at the collegiate or AAU level.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed and assigned.
- Communication and computer skills are required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of NCAA and NSIC rules and regulations.