Reporting to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach, the Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach assists with all aspects of the Women’s Basketball program, which includes recruiting, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sport.
- Conduct the sport program in strict accordance with applicable NCAA and GLVC bylaws.
- Fully comply with all established College policies and procedures
- Promote academic excellence and graduation by monitoring academic progress, study tables, academic meetings, and class attendance.
- Assist the head coach in planning and administering practice sessions and other related training activities.
- Plan and conduct on–campus recruiting events for official and unofficial visits.
- Evaluate talent and recruit prospective student-athletes in coordination with the Office of Admissions.
- Serve as a Contest Administrator for volleyball and/or spring home contests in accordance with the schedule put together by the Director of Athletics or his/her delegate.
- Drive vans to transport team when appropriate.
- Submit appropriate reports and forms to administrative staff as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field is preferred with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in academic program of study.
- Progressive experience as a coach in the sport, with collegiate experience preferred
- Familiarity with appropriate athletic governing organization rules and regulations (NCAA, GLVC).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational communications.
- An understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges in the environment of private higher education.