The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics Department is seeking a qualified Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach. This position will report directly to Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This position assists the Head Women’s Basketball Coach in directing all activities of the Women’s Basketball Program within NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, and UL Lafayette Policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Successfully recruit, retain, develop, and graduate high performing Women’s Basketball Student-Athletes.
- Assist with preparation, organization, design, and implementation of effective practice schedules, off-season programs, and game coaching.
- Effective Community engagement, donor, and public relations.
- Consistent compliance with NCAA and Sun Belt Conference rules, and regulations.
- Monitor student-athlete's academic progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills when working with student-athletes, faculty, staff, coaches, and administration.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be a person of high integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and Institutional rules as they apply to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics program.
- Ability to work extended daily hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.