The Assistant Women's Basketball Coach will assist in providing leadership in all aspects of the assigned program and will be committed to compliance with the NCAA, East Coast Conference, and Mercy College regulations.
- Assist the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Assess player’s skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and keep the head Coach informed of the athletic performance of the students.
- Maintain a record of team statistics and requirements for lettering. (For both head coach and athletic director)
- Work within the basic framework and philosophy of the head coach of that sport and assists with determining game strategy.
- Assist the head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Attending all staff meetings and carrying out scouting assignments as outlined by the head coach.
- Model sport-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
Required Skills & Experience
- Commitment to following the letter and spirit of NCAA, Conference, and College rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse population of student athletes and coaches in a cultural climate that celebrates diversity.