This position is responsible for assisting the Head Basketball Coach with all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Women's Basketball program as a component of the University experience, which enhances and supports the students' liberal arts education in support of the mission of the University.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assists with all phases of Division II Women's Basketball Program.
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, supervising, coordinating and evaluating practice sessions, games and conditioning programs with the purpose of guiding and instructing student/athletes.
- Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption University, the NE10 Conference, and the NCAA.
- Assists with for identifying, evaluating, and recruiting potential student-athletes.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of NCAA compliance amongst coaches and student-athletes.
- Represents the sports programs in the community as appropriate.
- Assists in coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities for all student-athletes.
- Position requires working weekends and nights.
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University.
- University coaching experience preferred.
- Strong communication and public relations, management, and leadership skills.
- Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree /Master's preferred.