Reports directly to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This position will work with other members of the women’s basketball staff on several aspects of the program including social media efforts, marketing, recruiting, operations, alumni relation, scouting and player skill development. The Assistant to the Head Coach will also work with student-athletes daily regarding on-court and off-court activities at Creighton. This position will also collaborate with many areas of the athletic department as it relates to how those areas can help advance women’s basketball.
- Assist in running our women’s basketball social media accounts, including putting together a calendar of posts that need to be sent as well as work with sport information and our content creators to upgrade what we’re doing in this area.
- Serve as the women’s basketball contact with athletics marketing for game and other promotions.
- Work with assistant coaches on recruiting mail-outs, including creating some of the content and formatting it before sending it.
- Assist the director of operations in overseeing student managers and perform some managerial duties when class issues make it too difficult for our student managers to perform some of those duties.
- Assist with video coordinator duties, including uploading and downloading video for scouting purposes and helping coaches edit some of the film for sessions with the team or individual players.
- Lead on-court work with players in small group skill workouts.
- Provide technical and tactical instruction (to student-athletes) and provide input to coaches during practices and competition.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- Experience playing and/or working with women’s basketball.