The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for teaching and coaching student-athletes in order to develop and acquire the extensive tactical, technical and physical knowledge required to be a competitive Division III intercollegiate level student-athlete. Assist the head coach in skill evaluation, instruction, planning, organization and supervision of individual and team practices and intercollegiate athletic competitions.
- Bachelors Degree, required.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license, good driving record and must be insurable by the College’s insurance carrier.
- Must have served as a high school and/or college basketball coach.
- Must communicate effectively with all types of people, and establish and maintain a strong working relationship with students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff and other college personnel.
- Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Conduct individual workouts with players to instruct and coach players outside of regular practice on techniques and skills.
- Assist Head Coach in developing teams which are competitive within the conference, region and nationally by maximizing the student-athletes’ talents.
- Promote teamwork while supporting the educational goals of individual student-athletes.
- Utilize a coaching philosophy which encourages an environment conducive to academics and teamwork.
- Assist with recruitment.
- Build and develop relationships by maintaining correspondence through phone, email, and in-person visits.
- Assist Head Coach in the evaluation and comparison of athletic talent for prospective student-athletes based on potential growth and development.
- Assist with equipment, apparel, and facility maintenance as directed by Head Coach.