The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for supporting the Head Coach by coaching student athletes, recruiting, monitoring student athlete academic progress, scheduling, managing travel and scholarships and overseeing the discipline, conduct, and image of the student athlete.
Essential Job Duties:
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions. Participate in recruitment and designation of scholarship athletes.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Coach team members individually and in groups; and demonstrate game techniques. May manage a designated skill development area or group of positions.
- Develop and recommend game strategy and position assignments.
- Monitor the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies, including accountability for expense control and administration of the sport’s budget.
- Coordinate with the Athletic Business Office the planning of recruiting and team travel.
- Participate in the selection and fitting of team equipment.
- Promote the athletic program and specific sport through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- Ensure adherence to all Association, Conference, and University rules by athletes and supporting staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One year of experience as a head coach or assistant coach at the collegiate level.
- Experience in recruiting.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.