The College of Southern Maryland is seeking an Assistant Women's Basketball Coach to recruit student athletes, hire and supervise coaching staff, and perform coaching duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within the NJCAA, Region XX, MDJUCO Conference and CSM's policies and procedures.
- Recruitment of student athletes of character.
- Monitor academic progress and participate in the PASS Program (academic support program for athletes).
- Hire and supervise the coaching staff.
- Conduct well-organized practices and provide for the physical conditioning and skill training for each athlete.
- Submit team and individual statistics to the Athletic Office by 10:00am every Monday while the sport is in season.
- Assist athletes in transferring to four-year colleges.
- Work with the equipment manager on the distribution and collection of equipment.
- Must attend all coaches’ meetings within the college, conference and region.
- Must serve as a positive role model for student athletes.
Education and Training:
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Two years coaching experience required, preferably at the collegiate level.