The part time Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach reports directly to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. The purpose of this position is to assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III Women’s Basketball program.
- Assist in the recruitment of student athletes. Ensure compliance with NCAA guidelines for contacting and entertaining prospects. Work closely with Admissions Department to ensure selection of appropriate student athletes for Stevens.
- Work with the Head Coach in scheduling and conducting regular practice sessions as permitted by NCAA rules and regulations. Develop and implement strategies for motivating student athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Assist in game preparation that includes film breakdown of opponents, developing and providing written scouting reports, and other tasks related to opponent scouting.
- Provide guidance and instruction in the athletic development of student athletes, including counseling team members in academic disciplinary and personal matters, when appropriate.
- Expected to diligently contribute with team social media accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Must be willing to work early morning, evening, weekends, and holidays.