Recruits, trains and provides guidance to members of the Women’s Basketball team in a manner which promotes the academic, athletic and social success of athletes and is consistent with the mission and goals of the University of Bridgeport Athletic Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represent the University of Bridgeport and the Athletic Department in a positive manner with a high degree of integrity and quality.
- Promote and support the University of Bridgeport and its mission.
- Promote and support the University of Bridgeport Athletic Department’s program mission and goals.
- Assist with all aspects of the Women’s Basketball program; provides opportunities that challenge and support student-athletes to reach their full potential
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of the department and the University, as well as the rules and regulations of the NCAA, CACC, and any other authorities that affect the intercollegiate athletic program
- Assist the head coach in planning and operation of the program.
- Provide leadership in implementation of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; advanced degree preferred;
- CPR/AED certification;
- College playing and/or coaching preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Coaching and /or participation at collegiate level preferred; demonstrated ability and passion to teach and demonstrate skills of basketball;
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings and weekends;
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and meet University of Bridgeport’s Driving Requirements;
- Willingness to fundraise.