This position is responsible for assisting in all phases of the women’s basketball program as it relates to the mission of the University of Richmond Department of Athletics. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, budgeting, team travel and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
The Assistant Coach must:
- Be committed to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success.
- Display an unyielding commitment to honesty and integrity.
- Display an unyielding commitment to compliance with NCAA, Atlantic 10 and University of Richmond
- Assist the Head Coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to improve and succeed individually and as a team.
- Assist the Head Coach in creating a positive educational environment that promotes personal growth for student-athletes.
- Work effectively within the structure of the Athletic Department.
The Assistant Coach will interact regularly with a variety of constituencies including the Head Coach, student-athletes, prospective student-athletes, athletics and university staff, conference staff and parents of student-athletes and prospective student athletes.
- A thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- A demonstrated expertise in coaching of women’s basketball is required for this position.
- The ability to work in concert with the Head Coach to lead and motivate student-athletes is a fundamental competency.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to coach specific segments or groups with the sport is a prerequisite.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree is preferred for the position.
- Previous experience on the collegiate level is highly desirable for this position.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; must be able to work nights & weekends