Responsibilities: Assistant Women's Basketball Coach will assist the Head Coach with management of the program with emphasis on the following:
- preparing/presenting scouting materials and game film evaluation (20%)
- supervising student-athlete academic progress, including weekly study-tables, progress evaluations, and mentoring (15%)
- recruiting (15%)
- practice planning and leading individual skill development sessions (15%)
- miscellaneous basketball operation activities, including, but not limited to, team travel, purchasing/inventory of team gear, coordinating community service events, and supervising student managers (15%)
- organization of high school shootout and summer camps (5%)
- coordinating with Hanover College employees, such as other athletic department members, admissions, development team, etc. (5%)
- fundraising (5%)
- professional development (5%)
The assistant coach must adhere to all Hanover College, Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC), and NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Playing experience is preferred but not required. Strong communication and computer skills are required.