Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is now hiring an Assistant Women's Basketball Coach for the Daytona Beach campus. The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach supports the Head Coach for women’s basketball and is responsible for a variety of coaching, teaching and recruiting issues, along with practice and game-related functions as assigned by the head coach.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide instruction to basketball student-athletes on the fundamentals and strategies of basketball.
- Actively support and promote the NCAA’s Life in the Balance strategic positioning platform, embracing the six ideals of learning, balance, resourcefulness, sportsmanship, passion and service.
- Assist in monitoring the academic progress of all basketball team members.
- Assist in recruiting and retaining highly skilled student-athletes for the basketball team.
- Assist with the operation of workshops, summer camps, clinics, etc. to promote the basketball program.
- Assist with game management duties.
- Maintain and manage team equipment.
- Collect, disseminate and maintain accurate records for the basketball team.
- Assist in securing advertisements and sponsorships to support the basketball program.
- Assist with arranging for lodging and meals for trips.
- Assume duties of the head coach in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel required for team competition and recruiting.
The violation of NCAA and Sunshine State Conference rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of constituencies.