- Help instill the core values of OLLU and the NAIA into every aspect of the program.
- Know and comply with the rules and regulations of the Red River Athletic Conference, the NAIA, and OLLU.
- Foster disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior; establish and oversee penalties for breach of competitive values by individual students.
- Exercise good judgment in projecting positive coaching behavior. Is responsible for the team's conduct during practice and travel, as well as during competition.
- Strive to build good sportsmanship values and develop good public relations in the university and the community.
- Assist in meeting enrollment goals for the program as established annually by the athletic director.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three years of college or national level federation coaching experience in the assigned sport preferred.
- Experience as a cross country and track coach at the college level is preferred.
- Display knowledge of coaching techniques, conditioning, and injury prevention.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.