The Assistant Athletic Coach, under the direction of the Head Coach, assists in the design, development and implementation of departmental processes and/or programs. Recommends policies and procedures to ensure effective coordination of departmental programs. The Assistant Women’s Golf Coach’s primary responsibility is the coaching and instruction of the sport of Women’s Golf. Approximately 60% of the Assistant Coach’s responsibility is dedicated to the instruction of Women’s Golf through on-field (or on-court) training and classroom training through use of video and other teaching techniques. Approximately 40% of the Assistant Coach’s responsibility is recruiting and other administrative duties.
A Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization; or a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and two years of experience directly related to the job functions.
1. Assist in the coaching and instruction of the student-athletes in proper techniques and decision-making in the sport of Women’s Golf.
2. Perform routine daily responsibilities related to the operation of the sports program. Work could include computer data-entry, routine record keeping and compliance logs required the NCAA.
3. Recruit acceptable student-athletes for the UNF athletic program. Use abilities to identify student-athletes, which are athletically and academically prepared for programs at UNF.
4. Perform other duties as prescribed by head coach. Could include clinic participation; scheduling; coordinating travel arrangement; oversee equipment needs; overseeing team manager or other related functions.
5. Adheres to all institution, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
6. Reports all known NCAA violations in accordance with institutional, conference and NCAA policies and guidelines.