This person reports to the Head Golf Coach. The successful candidate will operate with a committed understanding that in the pursuit of athletic excellence as we also seek to develop students for Christian life and service. This position is 8 hours/week, 9 months/year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the mission and vision of Wheaton College; adhere to all College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach in all aspects related to recruiting, selecting, and retaining a minimum of 6-8 team members that reflect the profile of Wheaton College students.
- Monitor team standards.
- Assist the head coach in practice planning and conducting to prepare team for competition.
- Travel with team.
- Coaching or playing experience.
- Ability to recruit quality student-athletes at the college level.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire student-athletes on and off the soccer field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A commitment to the values of NCAA Division III athletics and Christ-centered education.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ‐Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image‐bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity.