The Assistant Women’s Golf coach will assist the Head Golf coach in the areas of instructing students in sports fundamentals, sportsmanship, and leadership, film, scouting, recruiting, academic and conduct monitoring, and strength and conditioning , specifically with the Women’s Golf team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the basic principles and policies of the athletic governing bodies (NCAA / NAC) and Husson University.
- Assist in monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes to ensure they are meeting academic course requirements and providing guidance and instruction to students to ensure success.
- Assist in monitoring the conduct of the student-athletes and teaching athletes to work together.
- Assist with recruiting to include: on-campus tours, phone calls, front rush management, and off-campus viewing.
- Assist in teaching athletes on strength and conditioning and provide general instruction of the team.
- Responsibility to meet on a daily basis with the head coach concerning all areas of instruction, training, scrimmages, matches, and recruiting activities.
- B.A. or B.S. degree and/or PGA Member required
- Proven experience in playing or coaching at the high school or intercollegiate level. Coaching licenses, certifications, and badges preferred.
- Working knowledge of the rules of golf and the ability to assist players with their swings and short game. The ability to work with recruiting software, and the ability to create film sessions with both individual members of the team and the full team.