Reporting to the Athletic Director and the Head Ice Hockey Coach, the Assistant Hockey Coach for the women’s team provides leadership in developing an effective ice hockey program. The assistant coach will work with the Head Coach to help facilitate effective practice sessions. In addition, the position assists with recruiting student-athletes for hockey programs and provides skills development opportunities for “walk-on” players. Close cooperation with the Office of Admissions is expected as is adherence to policies and procedures set forth by the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA).
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters in Sports Management or related field preferred.
- One year as a high school or college ice hockey coach; comparable experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to recruit student athletes to the program.
- Experience in the field of media relations or public information using traditional as well as digital media.
- Knowledgeable in compiling statistics and statistical reports; professional experience specific to sports information preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and technology skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represents the department at campus and community events.
- Assists with the Department’s strategic initiatives and special projects.
- Helps promote College athletics and facilities throughout the community.
- Coordinates setup and take down at home athletic contests (game day management) as needed.
- Works effectively with officials, the athletic trainer, and visiting team coaches.
- Trains and schedules student workers.
It is the policy of Paul Smith’s College to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.