Assists Head Coach with all facets of a varsity sports program including organizing and planning of all practices and game strategies, training and health education of student athletes, monitoring academic progress of student athletes and recruiting of athletes for the Program.
- Plans and runs daily practices sessions and periodic individual training sessions to ensure players are learning team concepts and safety issues while participating in intercollegiate athletics.
- Monitors players’ academic success, providing direction when necessary, including providing for or arranging necessary academic help services.
- May be required to teach physical education classes each semester as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- May be assigned out-of-season home game day event management.
- Oversees designated work study students to ensure assigned jobs are completed and timesheets are accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years coaching experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Statement Utica College is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, pregnancy, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, citizenship status, genetic predisposition, domestic violence victim status, or protected status under applicable local, state, or federal law.