Union College, a highly selective liberal arts institution located in Schenectady, New York is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach of Women’s Ice Hockey. Union College is an NCAA multi-classified institution that sponsors 26 intercollegiate sports. Ice Hockey competes in Division I ECAC Hockey, and 24 sports compete in the Division III Liberty League.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Sports Management, Physical Education or related degree and/or equivalent professional experience is required, master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Evidence of at least two years successful ice hockey coaching experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to recruit quality student-athletes;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Candidates must have an understanding of NCAA rules and regulations, along with a philosophy compatible with a liberal arts college with highly selective academic standards.
- Coaching practices and games.
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Student-athlete development.
- Ensuring academic success of student-athletes.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status.