The Assistant Coach for each varsity program works with the Head Coach to coordinate the day-to-day operation of each athletic program at Albertus Magnus College. The Assistant Coach will work under the supervision of the Head Coach to meet the goals for each program during every academic year.
- Recruiting and evaluating potential student-athletes for the ice hockey team, in compliance with NCAA regulations, and the recruitment plan assigned by the Head Coach.
- Providing assistance in coaching and instruction to players, improving skills, techniques, and promoting sportsmanship, teamwork, and character development.
- Involved with all components of the team for which he or she is hired as assigned by the Head Coach. This includes but is not limited to, Day to Day Coaching, Building the Learn to Skate program, Equipment management, and Video Coordination.
- Develops a work schedule and expectations with the Head Coach.
- Promotes the visions and values of Albertus Magnus College by emphasizing the experience and education of each student-athlete as the most important component of intercollegiate athletic participation.
- A background of success as either a participant or coach in the sport.
- 1-3 years of experience as a coach preferred, preferably at the college level.
- A basic understanding of NCAA Division III rules and regulations regarding the recruitment of student-athletes and participation in intercollegiate athletics is required.