The primary purpose of the Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach position is to assist in the coaching and training of student-athletes at the NCAA Division I level to prepare them for competition in local, regional and national arenas. Under the direction of the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, this position adheres to the VCU Athletics mission and core values by acting upon its goals and strategies.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU;
- Knowledge of NCAA, A10, and University regulations regarding NCAA women’s lacrosse; and
- Previous lacrosse coaching experience.
Preferred Hiring Standards:
- An advanced degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree;
- Playing experience as a collegiate lacrosse athlete;
- Experience recruiting and/or coaching women’s lacrosse at the Division I collegiate level; and
- Experience with recruiting and video match analysis software systems.