Colby is a member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) and has 28 intercollegiate sports that compete at the Division III level, and 4 programs (men’s and women’s Alpine and Nordic Skiing) that compete at the Division I level. The department also hosts a variety of club and intramural sports. Over one-third of Colby’s 2,000 students participate in intercollegiate sports, and in total, nearly three-quarters are involved in fitness and recreation activities in the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site coaching at games and practices, including organization and implementation of daily practices.
- Prepare video breakdown and analysis, and present analysis to team members.
- Plan and prepare for games.
- Contribute to strength and conditioning program, including one-on-one strength and conditioning work with student athletes.
- Manage social media accounts.
- Experience coaching goalies is a plus.
- Provide support and encouragement to student athletes, including academic counseling and advising.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Previous experience coaching and or/competing at the collegiate level is highly desirable.
- Committed to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering.
- Must be organized, take initiative, and utilize strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.