The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in all aspects of the athletic sports program and the administration of programs to ensure success of student athletes.
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with the head coach in directing all phases of a NCAA Division II program, organizing and supervising all practices and games, recruiting, sport-specific training and skill instruction
- Responsibilities also include other duties as assigned by the head coach, such as oversight of a specific position group, team travel coordination and academic support services.
- Assists with scouting and recruiting for sports teams.
- Performs administrative duties assigned.
- Assists with coaching and teaching during team practices and competition.
- Plans and implements individual and team workouts and conditioning programs.
- Fundamentals of the sport.
- NCAA rules and regulations.
- Public relations.
- Scouting and recruiting.
- Motivation and leadership.
- Coaching and training of student athletes.
- Decision making.