The Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach reports directly to the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach. The purpose of this position is to assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III Women’s Lacrosse program.
- Assist in recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Ensure full compliance with NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Coordinate with other offices on campus including strength and conditioning, sports medicine, campus dietician, counseling and psychological services, and other support services to ensure that the team is well prepared for competition and their overall development and growth.
- Ensure safety through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the team. Responsible for submitting requests for repair, maintenance, and improvement of facilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience required.
- Prior coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.