The University of Akron, a NCAA Division 1 (FBS) Institution and member of the Mid-American Conference is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach. This is a part-time position which will assist the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach in the duties and responsibilities of operating Division I Lacrosse Program.
- Work with numerous departments within athletics to help promote and support our student-athletes.
- Provide assistance in acquiring lacrosse equipment and ensuring departmental compliance with NCAA guidelines.
- Support the coaching efforts during competitive lacrosse matches.
- Attend practices and workouts to assist with the training and preparation of student athletes for competition.
- Support the public relations initiatives of the department while maintaining positive relationships with alumni, students, and parents. Encourage community involvement and promote University pride.
- Coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Solid understanding of player development required.
- Recognition of talent required.
- Excellent communication, comprehensive writing and organizational skills required.
- Strong computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, and databases required.
- Computer skills including word processing, database, spreadsheets and presentation software required.