Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful NCAA Division III Intercollegiate Lacrosse Program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), rules, regulations, and policies.
- On field coaching during practices and games as assigned by the Head Coach;
- Work with Head Coach in all practice and game planning;
- Breaking down film/video of both practices, games and opponents to be used as a teaching tool for game planning as well as lacrosse student-athlete development;
- Work with players individually on the field or on the chalk board to help teach;
- Conduct an ongoing recruitment program through a variety of methods, with the goal to attract, select and encourage enrollment of high caliber lacrosse student-athletes. Could include extensive travel to games, showcases, tournaments in and out of the New England area;
- Constant contact with current lacrosse student-athletes regarding their academics for retention purposes;
- Help Head Coach when needed in terms of social media, team travel, community service, and fund raising.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- One to two years of Lacrosse coaching experience at the club, high school or college level.
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching Lacrosse with ability to recruit talented players for the program.
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to Lacrosse.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to travel.