Assist in developing, promoting, and supervising all facets of the lacrosse team; developing and executing strategies for the recruitment of student-athletes for a highly visible regionally and nationally competitive team; organizing and directing all aspects of the Lacrosse program, organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance; supervising staff involved in the program and oversee budgets. Saginaw Valley State University is a DII member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA and conference compliance rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all relevant institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations are followed. Including, but not limited to student-athlete eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, scheduling, and academic progress.
- Ensure compliance with all institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations by student-athletes and sport-related staff.
- Abides by NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
- Promote academic excellence and graduation. Monitor academic progress, including study table and class attendance in coordination with athletic academic advisor.
- Assist in preparing, leading, and executing practice and game plans for both championship and non-championship seasons.
- Assist in developing and executing a strategy for building a regionally and nationally competitive team.
- Assist in Preparing, managing, and maximizing the program operating budgets with established fund-raising goals and sound financial practices.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of relevant sport coaching or participation experience at the collegiate level or higher.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.