The College of Wooster is seeking an Assistant Coach to work with the Women's Lacrosse team. This position will support the head coach in the coaching duties of the NCAA D-III Women's Lacrosse program in accordance and compliance with NCAA, North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and The College of Wooster policies and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, development, and direction of all team training and conditioning activities at a level that will improve the Women's Lacrosse program's position of competitive leadership in the North Coast Athletic Conference and the NCAA Division III.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of scouting reports, game film, film breakdown, and film exchange.
- Assist in developing a recruitment strategy for prospective student athletes, informing prospects of academic programs, talent evaluations, coordinating mailings, telephone calls and text messages, and email exchanges.
- Work effectively with the Office of Admissions to meet recruitment goals.
- Work effectively with Student Affairs and the Academic Resource Center and others to aid in student retention.
- Assist in administrative operations including budget management, coordinating team travel, room reservations, and meals, and ordering equipment and supplies.
- Assist in engaging team members in community service activities.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- One to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the sport, and sport specific certification, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.