Incumbent functions as Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach. This position works under the general supervision of the Head Women's Lacrosse Coach who outlines broad program goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the head coach to manage the budget for the program.
- Prepares and finalizes travel arrangements for the program according to departmental policies and guidelines.
- Assists in making assignments and providing supervision and direction to the team manager and volunteer assistant coaches.
- Assists in organizing and conducting practice sessions.
- Assists in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- As needed finalizes travel arrangements and details with the Athletic Director or designee.
- Assists in preparing equipment requests as needed.
- Knowledge of the mission, policies, and objectives of the University of the District of Columbia and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate reports.
- Ability to plan, supervise, administer or carry out sports program.
- Ability to conduct clinics or seminars to train subordinate coaches.
- Ability to plan and conduct tournaments.
The District of Columbia Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.