The Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coaching Instructor works under the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coaching Instructor providing support for the organization of the program and implementation of game and practice plans. This includes, but is not limited to communication with athletes, preparation of facilities, distribution and care of equipment, scouting opponents, and film breakdown.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the lead instructor and coordinator in elements of practices and games to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development work with athletes as warranted and fulfillment of game day responsibilities.
- Assist the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coaching Instructor with the development of strategies for a successful program including well-organized practice plans and participation in the development and execution of game strategies.
- Assist with the monitoring of academic progress and meet with individual student-athletes to ensure academic success and compliance with university and NCAA academic standards.
- Mentor student-athletes as to proper conduct and decorum.
- Comply with the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coaching Instructors’ philosophy and assist with communicated this philosophy with all stakeholders.
- Assist with the evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes, and the tracking of them through the SLATE system.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain certifications in CPR and AED.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
- Must understand and comply with NCAA, conference, and University rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.