Trine University is accepting applications for a 12-month Assistant Women’s and Men’s Volleyball Coach. Under supervision of the Head Volleyball Coach, a successful candidate will provide assistance in the leadership of all coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties for a competitive Division III volleyball program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing, preparing and conducting practices, training, and competition.
- Assist the Head Coach in all functions related to the scouting, video review, strategic preparation and game-plan execution for intercollegiate competitions.
- Assist the Head Coach in all functions related to the scheduling and planning of all team meetings and practice sessions.
- Assist the Head Coach with recruiting activities.
- Attend all practices and home and away contests in the Volleyball Program.
- Coordinate necessary administrative duties in support of the Women’s and Men’s Volleyball program including, but not limited to, travel planning, budget management, ordering and distribution of equipment/apparel and planning of external program events
- Be familiar with and follow the policies of Trine University, the NCAA, Michigan. Intercollegiate Athletic Association and the Midwest Collegiate Volleyball League.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and previous experience overseeing volleyball operations or competitive playing experience at the college level required; previous coaching experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with satisfactory motor vehicle record by insurance standards.
- Applicants should be familiar and comfortable with the Division III philosophy of athletics.