The Assistant Women’s Rugby Coach will be responsible for all day to day operations of a college level rugby program and conduct the rugby program in compliance with all applicable NCAA, USA Rugby, NIRA and Institutional rules and regulation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with providing instruction and development for individual and team improvement, analyze athlete performance, and prepare student-athletes for competition.
- Maintain positive and professional relations with students, athletes, alumni and other constituents.
- Assist with monitoring student-athlete academic performance to ensure academic success.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes within compliance regulations and Guilfords’ academic admissions standards.
- Assist with coordinating all activities for home and away games including team travel plan, transportation, and lodging.
- Assist with fundraising and public relations activities.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet requirements of the position, including early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work in team relationships with diverse students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer competency skills (MS word, Excel, email, etc.) USA Rugby Level 200 certification required.