The Assistant Women's Soccer Coach is responsible for assisting in planning and administering all aspects of the Women's Soccer Program as assigned. Under the direction of the Head Women's Soccer Coach, the Assistant Women's Soccer Coach should model and maintain an exemplary student-athlete concept and the personal development of a student athlete who's on and off the court/field behavior reflects favorably upon the Our Lady of the Lake community in general and the athletics program in particular.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of fundamentals, technical aspects, and strategy for assigned sport.
2. Ability to recruit and retain qualified athletes and to facilitate timely progress toward graduation.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to learn, apply and adhere to NAIA rules and regulations.
5. Ability to interact well with officials, coaches, parents, media, and the public.
6. Ability to operate the Women's Soccer program within budget parameters.
7. Ability to work with students of all faiths and mentor student-athletes.
8. Ability to travel and work flexible hours, including weekend and evening hours.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Physical Education, Sport Management, or a related field preferred.
2. A minimum of three years of coaching experience, preferably in a college or university setting, with at least one year of experience coaching the assigned sport is required.
OLLU seeks to attract, develop and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administrators. The University is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.